Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Weekly Wednesday Recap

So I have a little bit to catch up on from the last few weeks. I'll just start by posting pictures and then talking about each one.
On Monday, November 30th, it was a free day at the aquarium. We went last year when it opened and it wasn't too crowded at all. Scott had to work, but I figured I'd head out there around the same time again. I got to the aquarium 10 minutes after it opened and it was already packed! There was a long line outside where last year there wasn't a line at all. I found a parking spot and really thought about if I wanted to wait and go in or not. It was super cold out and trying to get Kylie to wait in line is nearly impossible. Kylie was super excited to see the fishes, so we headed over. Kylie doesn't have any snow gear as it hardly snowed last year to warrant buying some. While waiting, she played in the snow, but got pretty cold and wet from not having a warm hat, gloves or coat. We waited for 30-45 minutes before we got in. Surprisingly, once we got in it wasn't that crowded. We were able to check out each section and Kylie had a lot of fun. Her favorite section was the sharks, but she also loved the South America section. We stayed for an hour and by the time we were leaving, the aquarium seemed more crowded, so it was a good time to leave. Despite waiting in line in the morning, Brita tried to go late in the afternoon and the crowd was much larger! So, I'm glad that we went when we did.
Love Jordan's face in this picture!
I put Jordan in his crib one morning and went into my room to do something. Next thing I know, Kylie has climbed into the crib with him! It was cute to see her excited and wanting to hang out with her brother. She was sure proud about being able to climb up in there.
The week before Thanksgiving, Scott's parents held a Thanksgiving dinner for family. Becky was in town from Vegas and Scott's aunt and uncle (Skousen) and his cousin's family (Rich Greer), along with a neighbor were also at the dinner. Scott had to work, so he showed up to the dinner late, but it was yummy food and Kylie had fun running around with her cousins.
These two pictures are from a time that Kylie and I headed to Scott's work to have lunch together. She loves the fountains that are outside and we spent at least half an hour playing around the fountain and trees.
Dad & son
Thanksgiving was spent with the Omer family again. There were two different types of turkey (one deep-fried) and about 8 dozen rolls. All the food was delicious and Kylie had fun running around with the other kids. It's hard to put into words just how thankful I am to my Heavenly Father for providing me with the life that I have. I know that part of it is because of decisions that I've made, but it is because of Him that I have Scott, Kylie and Jordan in my life. They are so special to me and I am glad that I have them to be thankful for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment