Monday, August 29, 2016

Harry Potter 5k

On Saturday, August 20th I ran the Harry Potter 5k. It was good to have a reason to get out and run (even though I wasn't consistent) and I forgot how fun races can be. The race was at the West Jordan library, so we didn't have to travel far for it. When Scott and I were figuring out his work schedule, I forgot to tell him to take that day off and he signed up for it. Luckily, he found a nice co-worker who worked the first couple of hours for him so he could be there to watch me race. Scott's parents were nice and came to watch my race as well! I ran the race in 31 minutes which, for my first race in over 3 years, is pretty good. I ran into my friend Heather who is still a teacher at Wasatch Jr. High. It was fun to see her and catch up a little bit. After the race, Scott went to work and Scott's parents offered to take the kids so I could rest. They were going to lunch and pick peaches before Becky left for Vegas. I headed back to my house to change and grab a few things and then I hung out at their house while they took Kylie and Jordan with them. It was nice to relax and watch Netflix in the movie room. The kids had a blast and so it all worked out. Since Scott's leg is doing better, maybe I'll look for another 5k in the fall that we can do together. It'll give me motivation to keep running. :)
Me and Heather!
Cute boy.
Posing with some characters. I don't know if you can tell, but Kylie has a wand.
At the start! Of course my eyes are closed.
Doing good!
My cheering squad! Plus Scott who's taking the picture.
I was with the tutu girl for a while except the last lap I ran ahead and beat her.
My medal.
Everybody peach picking.

No comments:

Post a Comment