Thursday, August 25, 2016

Kylie's Birthday Party

Kylie's birthday party was on Friday, the 12th. She had lots of friends come to support her and she had so much fun. It was Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed and it worked out great. Things went really well and everyone had a good time. Jordan did have a little trouble since he didn't get a good nap in and was tired at the party, so he was a little cranky. I had so much fun planning this party and I'm glad it all turned out. Thank goodness for pinterest and all the awesome ideas of other people. I do wish I took more pictures of people, but that's hard when you're being host to everyone.
For food we had hot dogs (Hot diggity dogs), crackers & cheese (quakers & cheese), veggies and dip (Daisy's dipping sauce), grapes (Goofy's grapes), cupcakes (Mickey's mouse-ka-cupcakes), potato chips (Plu-ta-to chips) and pink lemonade (Le-Minnie-ade). I put in a ticket for a raffle at our local grocery store and I won a prize of two free packs of hot dogs! It was awesome as we totally used those for Kylie's party. The cupcakes took a little bit of ingenuity and thank goodness Becky was there to help me figure it out. I'm glad we were able to make it work as they turned out so cute. For favor bags, I did Swedish fish (gooey fish from the show).
For decorations, I printed out a happy birthday banner and a Mickey silhouette. I also made a Mickey and Minnie silhouette out of styrofoam. I painted two mason jars (which were a pain to paint), made a sign for the door, bought balloons and printed off pictures of Kylie.
I have to thank Joni for the stuffed characters. She's a big Disney fan and I'm glad she had some we could borrow.
For activities, we had bubbles, Jenga (provided by Becky), hopscotch and pin the bow on Minnie. That was Kylie's favorite game. She asked to play it for a few days after the party. She wore an adorable Minnie dress made by my mom. It turned out so cute. She received some fun gifts from everyone as well. Kylie's 3rd birthday was a hit and we'll see what we do for her fourth.
Becky drew this awesome Minnie.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom made that dress?? I was totally admiring it all night, wow! What a great job on the party - everything turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete