Monday, August 29, 2016

Peach Picking

For his birthday, Scott told me he wanted to go pick peaches in an orchard. Well, peaches weren't going to be ready in time for his birthday so I gave him rain check. I signed up to receive an email for when the peaches are ready and I got one 2 weeks into August saying the date. We found a day that we'd be free to go and we headed down to Payson for some peach picking! We showed up to the house and there was a table and sign saying where to pick and how much a box was. You just grab a box, pick as much as you want and then leave cash in an envelope. The peach trees were so full that we could have picked a whole box off of just one tree. Jordan and Kylie had fun eating peaches. We got 30 lbs. of peaches for $18. They were so ripe that just the next day some of the peaches were already bruising. We made smoothies and had peaches at every meal and then I froze most of them. It will be nice to have some peaches for smoothies during the winter months. Plus, it could help a certain little boy whenever he is teething. It was a fun little outing and I'm glad we were able to find a time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment