Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Love

For my mom's birthday, she wanted me to make some cupcakes for the little party we had for her.  I decided to make these Chocolate Swirled Peanut Butter Blast Cupcakes.  I was a little worried at first because it was two different cake mixes and two different frostings and the time I had to make them was not much.  I went for it anyway and the cake mixes were simple to whip up as well as the frostings. 

The recipe is found here, on one of my favorite blogs to check out.  There are quite a few recipes I have found there that have become favorites (Scott's favorite lasagna cups are found on that website) and I definitely would not mind making these cupcakes again.  I mean, I may or may not have licked all the bowls clean (don't judge). 

The only thing I did differently was make a classic chocolate buttercream frosting instead of the chocolate ganache.  I also didn't swirl the frostings, since I haven't had much experience in that area and instead of crushing the peanut butter cups, I put two mini (like the smallest size you can find) ones on top.  I really like how they turned out in looks, but more importantly, in taste!



No comments:

Post a Comment