Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pizza Enchiladas

Another pinterest recipe update!  Scott likes eating out and while it's fun and I enjoy it too, it can make me a little bit lazy in cooking.  I'm trying to be better at menu planning and sticking to that plan, although it can be hard on nights when Scott works.  I have to think about when he needs to leave for work and how much time it will take to make the meal, so that there will be time to eat.  I do think that it was harder during the summer since I didn't have a schedule and whenever Scott would be hungry, I wouldn't be and so I would have a hard time commit to making dinner.  Now that I am back to teaching, it's much easier to stick to a time of when dinner should be made, which makes it easier to make what I planned on.

Anyways, I really love chicken, so about 3/4 of my recipes on pinterest are chicken recipes, but Scott likes beef a lot.  I try to mix it up, but it's hard to find beef recipes that will only feed two people.  I try not to do too many recipes with the same meat in a row, so tonight I decided to try this recipe of Pizza Enchiladas.  Scott loves pizza, but homemade pizza takes too much planning for a weeknight meal, especially if it's one when he is working.

These were quick and easy to make, which I always like and the ingredients are simple and cheap.  The only thing is that the inside of the tortilla isn't that full.  Pepperoni, ham, and pineapple can only go so far.  I probably could have made two layers worth of toppings, but that would have been too much pepperoni for me.  I also accidentally forgot to put cheese on the inside of the tortillas, so I used a ton on the top.  It's a nice substitute for pizza and I thought it looked really nice, but I don't know how often I'll make it.


No comments:

Post a Comment