Saturday, September 8, 2012

Families are Forever

This past weekend, Scott and I traveled down to California to see David & Kristene get sealed in the San Diego Temple.  I took off school on Friday and we drove down early in the morning with Lane & Brita.  We had a marathon of Disney songs playing the whole way down.  I was actually okay with it.  It was a lot of fun listening to them and singing along.  Everyone, including Scott, discovered my Disney knowledge.  We played a guessing game of which movie the song is from and I got about 95% of the answers correct.  I actually surprised myself on some of them, but it was fun.  I told Scott that it was much better than listening to O' Christmas Tree over and over (we listened to Jocelyn sing that song the whole drive down when we went for Christmas).

Scott & I stayed at David and Kristene's house and their puppies sure loved having us there.  Their puppies are full of energy and jumped on us every time they saw us, but luckily they're so cute that it was okay.  We spent Friday night at the parents house eating dinner and playing games.

Saturday morning, we got up and got ready to head down to San Diego.  I felt like this day had too much driving and I was getting a little tired of it, especially since we had just driven all day the day before.  We headed to Old Town San Diego to check it out, but all we had time for was to eat some lunch.  It didn't seem like a place that was too exciting, but it would have been fun to check it out a little bit more.  I was trying to walk into each shop I could to see if I could find a pressed penny machine (best & cheapest souvenir ever!).  Wynette & Dennis wanted to see the Mormon Battalion site, so we tagged along, but only had time to get a picture, so we'll have to go back and actually take the tour.
Only view I got of Old Town.  Super exciting huh?
Scott & Brooke
We went for the no smile, serious look.
After Old Town, we headed to the temple for the sealing!  It was really nice and the sealer was perfect for the two of them.  It is just so great to know that families can be together forever.  While waiting for them to come out, we had fun taking pictures.
We don't have too many pictures of us kissing besides from our wedding.
We finally got a good picture after the 10th try.
The happy couple!
Once the sealing was over, we headed to Escondido for some pizza that David & Kristene so kindly provided for us.  It was yummy pizza and we also had delicious cake from Costco.  The funniest thing is that they didn't pre-order a cake to say anything special, so they come in with a cake saying "Happy Labor Day".  Haha.
 Sunday, we all went to church together and then headed to Riverside for a delicious dinner.  Well, I thought it was dinner, but then hot dogs and macaroni and cheese were being made and I always leave feeling stuffed with delicious food.  Seriously, it is hard to control yourself with so much yummy food surrounding you.
Pretty view, but I had just barely missed the pink clouds from the sunset.
While at the house, we got to see poor, poor Macy cat.  Brita is allergic to cats, so the cat got shaved so that hair wouldn't get everywhere.  The poor cat looked so...sad (nicest word I can think of).
These pictures don't really do it justice.
We then played a fun round of pictionary with everybody and then headed home to get to bed early since we had a plane to catch in the morning.

It was another quick trip, but we were glad to be able to make it and support David & Kristene in their sealing.  Family truly is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment