Friday, September 28, 2012

High Five for Friday!

I've decided that I really like the idea of the high five for Friday posts.  It makes you think about what is going on in your life and to focus on the positive that is happening.  So, here are my top 5:

1. I am getting paid today!  At first, it was annoying that I only got paid once a month, at the end of the month, but it actually works out really well in the fact that all our bills are due at the beginning of the month.  So, it's nice to know that we will have money for those bills every time they come around.  I also got $100 extra for a meeting I went to before school started.  Woo!

2. I got the day off of school today because of parent/teacher conferences next week!  It felt so nice to sleep in today and don't judge, but I slept in until 10:30. (I didn't go to sleep until 12:30 last night, but whatever).  There is a lot to do today, but 3-day weekends really are amazing, even though they mess with my schedule a bit . Today is Saturday, I swear!

3. On Sunday, the 23rd, my family got together for Sunday dinner.  It was fun to eat yummy food, talk, jump on the trampoline and play Apples to Apples.  That seems to be our go-to game to play when we get together. It's a bummer I didn't get any pictures.

4. Scott is playing indoor soccer again and he loves it!  I go and watch when the games aren't too late at night and it's great to see him have fun.
Bad picture, but he's the one in the red jersey.
5. We are going to the temple tomorrow with my family to do some baptisms for family names.  The last time we did baptisms was a couple of years ago.  Afterwards, everybody's coming to our place for brunch!  I hope everything that I have planned to make turns out well.  I'll make sure to take some pictures of this event.

I didn't think there would be enough for me to write about, but there's always good happening if I just open my eyes and notice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment