Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Golf Date

Saturday morning, Scott and I went on a golf date.  Last year for Scott's birthday, we went to D.I. to take a look around and came home with golf clubs.  Scott doesn't go golfing a lot, but he's gone a couple of times.  I saw this golf date and decided it would be fun for me to go golfing with him.  The course he went to for his birthday this year is an easier course, so that seemed to be the best option.  The only problem is that you need your own clubs to play there, so we headed to D.I. again to get me my own set of clubs.  I also realized that I did not own a single polo shirt and as much as I really don't like getting clothes from D.I., I didn't want to spend too much money on this date and I bought a polo shirt there as well.

Me with my new bag, clubs and golf shirt!  

The morning started out fun with heading to Wal-Mart to get some donuts for breakfast (that does not count as eating out).  We then headed to the golf course early so that we could practice hitting some balls at the driving range.  The only golfing I have done previously to this was mini-golf.  I have never been to a real golf course, let alone even try to swing a real golf club, so this was all very new to me.  Scott did great at the driving range helping me learn how to swing and where to hit the ball, etc.  When our tee time came around, things changed.  I started to become really nervous about actually hitting the ball.  I'm not exactly sure why I was so afraid, but the ball was not going anywhere.

It got a little frustrating, but things got better as time went along.  Scott found a pink golf ball, where I then hit better than Scott did and so I called it my lucky charm and made sure not to lose it the rest of the time.
Me with my lucky charm.
He is a much better golfer than me.
Scott's ball he hit landed and made this dent in the ground.
Don't I look so professional?! Haha.
Yeah, that's great form right there.
 It was fun to get out and have a morning date.  We came back exhausted though (it was pretty warm outside) and weren't really productive the rest of the day.  It will be fun to go out again sometime and learn more.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like your golf date went well! I was researching on what to do for our first year anniversary when I saw your blog. I was really clueless, but thanks to you, I’ve got the perfect anniversary date in mind! Now, all I have to do is prepare the things we will need for our big day. By the way, it’s good you bought your own golf clubs at the store. You can play golf whenever you want with ease.

    ReplyDelete