Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Doing the Work

Rebecca and Andrew organized a family gathering at the temple on Saturday.  Rebecca is really good at doing our family history work and I'm thankful for it.  I'm just not the biggest fan of sitting in front of a computer looking up family history.  I definitely enjoy doing the work in the temple though. :) 

We were doing baptisms for the dead since I guess we had no more names for endowments or sealings, although I have 4 I still need to do personally from when Rebecca and I did initiatories.  It has been so long since I've done baptisms, I had to think of how the routine went down.

It was just another great spiritual Saturday with family.  It took a few tries to get a decent picture of all of us though.  I should probably teach my family members how to use my camera.
Scott & I are not looking at the camera.
Scott's not looking, but it's not a bad picture. I think Brianna's eyes might be closed.
Kyle is the only one looking at the camera.
I have a funky smile in this one.
5th times a charm!
Afterwards, everybody came over for brunch.  I figured that doing any sort of casserole would not work since they take about 40 minutes to bake.  Well, I should have done it anyway because it took about 40 minutes to make what I wanted to anyway.  I decided on these mini cinnamon rolls and this bacon, egg and cheese wreath.

The mini cinnamon rolls actually were pretty good, although I always forget that cheap crescent rolls are a bad idea.  Sometimes you have to splurge on certain items.  They were very sweet, but still yummy.
The wreath was okay.  I think I filled it with way too much eggs, but I was worried if it would be filling enough.  Because of that, the crescent rolls weren't able to fold over the top very well and a lot of stuff spilled out.  I didn't take a picture of this because I was a little frustrated with how it turned out and I didn't think it was worth documenting.  Everything was good, but I should have just prepared something beforehand.  I get way too stressed when I'm cooking food for other people.  I don't know how I'm going to act come Thanksgiving! (yes, I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner! more on that later.)

Next work at the temple, sealings!

No comments:

Post a Comment