Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Party: The Costumes

Scott & I didn't dress up or really do anything for Halloween last year, so I wanted to make sure we did this year.  Costumes always make a Halloween party more fun because you get to see what people come up with.  I am glad that everybody who came, dressed up because it turned out to be great fun.

I made some voting cards for people to vote on their favorite costumes.  I bought prizes from the dollar store and made prize bags.  I'll say who won each when I show their picture.

 
Scott & I went as a Greek God and Goddess.  Scott had to do a lot of convincing to be able to wear that wig.  Turns out, everybody really enjoyed it and I figured that it's only for one night, so why not.

 Kyle came as House and Brianna was Rosie the Riveter.  Brianna won the 'Most Original Costume'.
Liz was Cruella Deville and Ben was the Dalmatian.  Ben won 'Funniest Costume'.  There was even a part of the costume that barked.
 Heather & Skylar were baseball and basketball players.  They won 'Best Looking Costume'.
Mitt & Ann Romney were in the house! Spencer and Teresa won 'Best Couple Costume'.
I didn't get an individual picture of Spencer & Teresa's son, Robbie, but he's the zombie and won 'Scariest Costume'.
Group shot! Ben is blinking, but it's the best one since the rest were pretty blurry.

The party was a blast and I'm grateful for those that came!  We played a few rounds of Mafia and the game, Curses.  I figured those were appropriate Halloween games to play.  Curses was a blast and we were cracking up the whole time!  I think that game is only great with the right people and we definitely had a great group to play that game. 

Scott & I both agree that the party was a success, although I'm not sure I would make this an annual party.  Throwing a party is a lot of work!  But it was worth it and I'm glad it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment