Friday, October 19, 2012

The Usual Friday Post

1. This roasted broccoli recipe was a success again at school.  I was like a mom and made sure that all the kids ate their broccoli.  I didn't want to see any broccoli thrown away and luckily they listened to me or I would've been upset. :)  I used the leftover broccoli from school and made it at home with this bourbon chicken.  It was a great dinner.
2. We are almost done with yard work.  I finished weeding today and then we need to finish planting the tulips.  This hard work on the yard better pay off come spring.

3. We finally got the futon frame from Grandma Omer!  It was my Uncle Steven's and had been sitting in her garage for 10+ years.  Scott's family is coming in for Thanksgiving and all we have for sleeping arrangements is a twin bed.  This futon will work great for sleeping and for a couch in Scott's "man cave".  We had to take it apart and it took a couple of tries to figure it out, but we got the futon to fit inside Scott's car!  We have fit so much stuff in his car (that seemed otherwise impossible), it's crazy.

All we need to get is a mattress!
4. Scott and I were worried when our summer T.V. shows ended that there wouldn't be anything on for us to watch.  Boy, were we wrong.  I am loving having so many shows to watch!
New shows: Revolution, Chicago Fire, Nashville (this one is all me), Arrow
Regular shows that are back on again: Castle, Amazing Race, Dancing with the Stars (all me again), How I Met Your Mother

5.  Crafting today and tomorrow for my Halloween party!

No comments:

Post a Comment