Friday, October 5, 2012

It's Friday!

Here we go again...5 things that happened this week.

1. Just today, Scott went shopping at Lowe's (never a good idea with that boy) for some things for the yard and our upstairs bathroom.  I get a text from his with this picture:
He bought 6 trees (5 of them shade trees and 1 a crab apple tree) and 2 rose bushes for $42!!  All the trees were on sale for either $5 or $10.  We got two of them planted today and some tulip bulbs.  We'll finish planting the rest soon.  I sure hope we get some pretty flowers come spring!

2. This week I had parent/teacher conferences.  Normal teachers would be sighing at the fact that these are here, but they aren't that bad for me for two reasons.  One, I am only part-time, so I only have to attend one night.  Two, since I teach FACS, there is never really anything bad I need to talk to the parents about.  Sometimes I wonder why some even come talk to me. Um, your kid has an A and the highest number you can get in citizenship.  Not sure what else you want me to say about your kid besides they're great.  One teacher today said that she asks the parents if they want her to start making stuff up about their kid.  I thought that was hilarious and I might try that next conference.

3. Tuesday night was awful for my poor husband.  He had a part of this big project due that night and we worked on it until he had to leave for his history class.  He worked on it during class and was ready to do some final touches at home.  Well, he got home and went to open it up and it was nowhere to be found!  Poor guy had to pretty much start all over.  Yeah, it was not a good night.

4. In happier news, I made this delicious potatoes and sausage dinner tonight.  I didn't get a picture of it because we gobbled it up, but here is the link to the recipe!  And yes, I did put bacon in mine.  Because bacon makes everything taste better.

5. Lastly, I am excited Castle is back on!  I love having a show to look forward to and I think this season has been great so far.  I love that Castle and Beckett are together now.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I actually have that sausage and potato recipe on the menu for this week. I'm happy to hear it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete