Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Work in Progress

This weekend, Scott and I were productive with things inside the house and outside.  Like I mentioned in Friday's post, Scott bought 6 trees and we worked on planting them.  We put 5 in the backyard and 1 in the front yard.  I felt bad because Scott did pretty much all of the heavy work while I sat and took pictures. :)
Maddie being a great help while planting trees.
Maddie's going to love it when the trees mature.
We still need to buy some mulch to put on top, finish planting the tulips and put some weed killer on the lawn.  We're a little late on lawn stuff, but better late than never, right?

I went shopping on Saturday for fall decorations, stuff for my Halloween party I'm throwing and stuff for our bathroom upstairs.  Yes, I know it's late for fall decorations, but I figure my house will be decorated for Halloween when I throw my party and then I can re-use what I bought for November.
Maddie was sure helping out here.
It will be nice when we get a T.V. to have that piece of wood finally covered up.  I'm still unsure about the space in the middle, but I already spent more than I should have on decorations, so I'll leave the space empty for now. 
I've decided that while Hobby Lobby is a store with awesome stuff, it is a little more expensive than other places that have the same things, but cheaper.  I did find that cute 'Thankful' plate at Wal-Mart for about $3, so that was fun.  I also got the fake leaves at the dollar store.  We waited too late to be able to drive up the mountain and get real leaves.  I've really realized now that our house is quite large and it's hard to figure out where to decorate so that it's not overboard, but still obvious we have stuff up.

Our bathroom upstairs is still a work in progress, so no pictures yet.  Scott has already replaced the toilet seat and put up a new towel rod.  I bought a new shower curtain and decorations for the wall.  We're going for a beach theme and although it would be nice to paint, we just don't have time right now.  It's been fun working on little house projects we have.

Anyways, we ended Saturday night with Scott making home-made apple cider!!  It was quite delicious.  Go hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment