Thursday, October 20, 2016

Gardner Village/Fall Festival

Wednesday, October 5th Scott had a soccer game at 5:20pm. His games are usually between 7-11, so to have one that early was rare. Since it was early enough, the kids and I tagged along as well as Scott's parents and Andrew. Scott's team won and then we headed to Gardner Village (which is right next door) to walk around. We wanted to feed the ducks, but we only saw one so that didn't work out like we thought. It was a little chilly outside, so we walked quickly through and then headed for dinner at McDonald's.
Then on Friday the 7th we headed down to hang out with Scott's parents. The original idea was for me to work, but after practicing a violin number for Jocelyn's baptism (and I realized how long it has been since I've played) it just didn't happen. There was a little fall festival going on in Saratoga, so we went to check it out. We got there not too long after it started and it was already pretty crowded. They had this mini train, but it only held 5 people at a time and so the line for that was super long. There was a tiny, tiny pumpkin patch to buy pumpkins as well as a small maze for the kids to go through and get candy. There was also free face painting, but the line for that was long as well. Other than that, there wasn't much else to do. I will say that the park was pretty cool looking, but since there were so many kids there it was hard to enjoy it. We'll have to go back and check it out another time when it's not crowded. Oh, we did lose Kylie for a bit there and that got my heart going. Scott was smart and headed straight to the park since he figured that's where she would head. When he saw Kylie, she said to him that I lost her! Oh that made my mommy heart sad. Since having kids, going anywhere super crowded gives me some anxiety and I'd rather stay home than go out and deal with the crowd. We left and then headed back to Scott's parents house for some dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment