Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Jordan's 1st birthday!

We celebrated Jordan's birthday on his birthday, Sunday October 2nd. It was general conference weekend and so we didn't have to worry about going to church. That turned out nice since I could focus on getting things ready for the party without stress. Family came over for dinner around 4 and then we opened presents.
Kylie had a hard time realizing the gifts were not for her.
People showed up around 6 and once everyone arrived, we sang happy birthday and blew out the candle. We did Kylie's first birthday party on a Sunday and we did desserts and I liked how well that worked and so I decided to do that again. After looking at pictures of Disneyland, it only made sense to make his party a Winnie the Pooh theme. I had originally wanted to do dinosaurs, but I liked the softer aspect of Winnie the Pooh. We had simple decorations, a cake and smash cake (made by my awesome friend Janora), honeycomb treats and Tigger tails. I quickly put together a slide show of pictures that we put on the T.V. and then Scott put together a quiz about Jordan using the kahoot.it website again. Doing quizzes like this work great at parties. Jordan did great and he loved his birthday cake. It was a wonderful celebration of a wonderful kid.
The entry table when you walked in the door.
Piglet's punch. It was Scott's idea to make the honey pots.
Month by month banner.
Isn't this the most adorable smash cake?!
Was seriously in awe over how great this cake looked.
This sign got pulled down twice before we started the party. I had to tape the 'E' back together.
Jordan was making blowing noises.
Doing the quiz about Jordan.
Invitation that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment