Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Jordan is 1 year old!

I can't believe that Jordan is 1 years old now. It's cliche, but time has flown by. We had a fun birthday party for him and went to the doctor already. Here is what's new with Jordan.
  • Stats: Weight 23 lbs. 9 oz 60%; Height 30.4" 70%
  • His hair is growing fast and we're already looking at trimming the sides of his hair by his ear. His hair is darker than Kylie's ever was.
  • Jordan's walk/run is adorable as he bounces up and down. He's starting to run on his toes, like Kylie did. It must be a way for them to move faster since both of our kids are toe walkers/runners. He trips a lot if he tries to run fast and he's wearing shoes. 
  • Jordan likes music and he's starting to recognize/remember songs. He dances to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song and any songs we consistently sing to him.
  • He is starting to talk more and even though he isn't consistent with saying words (except mama and dada), it's fun to hear new words. I heard him say 'Tigger' the other day, but haven't heard it since. He also can say 'more', but now always. Scott will say that he can say the word 'up', but I don't hear him say it hardly ever. You can definitely tell that he is trying to tell you something when he talks to you. I love his 'woah' that he says when he sees something he likes.
  • He likes to read books and will hand you a book over and over again until he's done. 
  • Jordan still likes to eat everything, but we're lightly limiting his dairy. 
  • We still don't know why his face his red, since he's off of formula now, and so we're thinking that the amount of dairy he has might be associated with it. We're trying some medicine again to see if there is any change. 
  • Jordan still takes two naps a day and has a bedtime of 8:00pm. He still wakes up crying, but just needs his pacifier put back in or a few minutes to cry it out and then he's back to sleep. 
  • Jordan loves to play outside (especially in the garden) and in the toy room downstairs. He really loves playing with Kylie, even though she can be too rough at times.
  • Jordan is a typical boy and likes to get into everything. I've had to move and baby proof things that I didn't have to with Kylie. I've had to move all small trash cans to a counter, since he likes to dig in the trash. I also have to put Maddie's food bowl on the washer since I've caught him trying to eat her food a few times. He loves to explore and check things out, but there are times that it catches me off guard what he gets into. He's helping me refine my hawk eye. Lol.
  • Jordan loves to laugh and smile and it's the best when he'll sit and cuddle with you. He loves this white and blue blanket and will give any stuffed animal a big hug.
  • Climbing into boxes, chests, baskets, anything is one of his new favorite things.
  • I can't wait to hear him talk more and find out what more of his interests are.
He likes watching the laundry and helped me do it the other day.
Example of why I can't turn my back for a second. He grabbed this can of bean dip and just dug into it and ate the rest of it.
One word: adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment