Monday, October 10, 2016

Joni's Baby Shower

Once we got back from vacation, I had to get to work on getting things ready for my friend Joni's baby shower. I tried to get some things done before we left and even met with my friend Nichole to discuss things, since we were co-hosting. I'm glad that we did the shower at her house since Scott worked a night shift the night before and it would have been hard for him to sleep with so many people over at our house. My cousin Sarah had her baby shower that same day and time and so I wasn't able to make it to that. My mom was planning on going, so I had her take Kylie with her. Kylie slept over and it made it nice to only have to worry about Jordan. I was worried that it'd be hard to host with Jordan there, but luckily a few people brought their kids so that gave him some entertainment.

Joni's nursery theme is Dumbo, but not the circus theme of Dumbo. It was hard to find non-circus Dumbo stuff online and so we did elephants with a few Dumbo decorations. We had chicken salad sandwiches, fruit, veggies, cookies (made by Nichole) and cupcakes (made by me) for food. I made favor bags of Hershey kisses with pictures of Dumbo glued onto the bottom. We had a few games of guess the baby food, but I was a little bummed that really anyone tried it which was supposed to be the fun part of the game. We then did a baby name race, where everyone wrote down a boy baby name starting with each letter of the alphabet. We then went over the names and then tried to guess which one Joni and Tracy were thinking of using. After that, we tried to guess how many circus peanuts would go across Joni's baby belly. Once that was done, we opened presents and chatted. I stayed back until everyone left. I'm glad that I was able to help Joni celebrate her new baby.

My mom had Kylie until about 5pm and then Scott had to work another night shift. Our friend Helaman had a birthday party that night and so I went with the kids to that. It was good to see him, but it was hard to be by myself with two kids and keep them corralled.
Guess the baby food game.
I realized I never got an up close picture of the kisses.
Banner I made.
Advice for mommy cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment